Monday 30 May 2011

USELESS EMPLOYERS

Hands up, those who have not met one in their life? I know many of you would say no. This is because either you have just graduated or someone up there loves you very much. Let me tell you about one, and then you decide whether they are good or bad.

I was once working in this company and did not felt there were much prospect for me there. I then decided to leave after getting offered an interesting job by the above titled company. It was a very tempting offer with an increment in pay of more than 20% from the present one that I was drawing (but know this, for my skills and experience I was still relatively getting peanuts).

First day reporting for duty at this place and was rather shocked at the parking situations there. Small narrow, unmarked and full or those small reckless lorries. Anyway, still had to park and can only hope that nothing bad happens to my car.

A few words from the HR on certain things and was immediately sent to another office for some meeting. As the meeting ended I ventured around to have a look at the office and attached factory area. I felt excited as they were in an industry that was relatively new to me, which means new things to learn and explore.

Ok, it was Saturday of the first week and they had this group gathering session at the side of the office for exercises and motivational talks. The topic were their (top management) exciting annual trip to some western country (can't remember where). I mean first off would you want to listen to some gibberish about others enjoyment where you had no part in? Then some songs were sung and talks which convinced me that the boss was a christian.

Moving on a few days latter, I had gone to their branch in Klang and had gotten to know the people there. Ok, let me explain my work, in order to properly execute my work I really would need to get to know everyone and all that they are doing before I can even begin to plan my work, hence the traveling around.

Alright fast forward to the second week's Saturday, and after the routine morning crap, as I would call it, I was called to the HR's room. I was informed that my services were no longer required, and would be compensated as the terms in the letter, and told to leave immediately. I was overwhelmed with anger and frustration, what have I done to deserve this. I could find nothing much to say but some grumbling words to the HR.

You see, I believe I could have easily sued them in industrial court, but didn't want such hassle, or publicity in my resume. However, I would like to convey to this boss, what goes around, will eventually come around (Keep pouring sand into other people's rice bowl and soon you will find yours too, will be completely full of it). If I am not wrong, this company consistently advertises (seen many, they try to hide, but I know who they are) as they should be frequently firing, as was my fate.

BTW:for those unknowing souls who may potentially be swept into this pile of shit, the company is listed in the Bursa Malaysia, deals with chemicals, agro and has factors / offices in Klang, Bangi, and near Chan Sow Lin (sg besi highway). So beware.

1 comment:

Alice Phua said...

Just your luck that your pathway and the company's pathway crossed. Stay positive and not let this encounter entinguish your motivation fire at work.