Thursday 19 May 2011

WORK PLACE

A place where everyone has to go except of course if you are filthy rich and wish to enjoy yourself by doing nothing. Let see, a place where you spent most of your waking hours, either enjoying or in agony. I think for the few unlucky ones, the latter would more accurately describe the experience.

I for one belongs to this group. You start of by having much enthusiasm, thinking I can help the company do this and that, but finally ending up wishing to do nothing. How can I put the experience in words? However, I truly believe that the problem lies with the people working within. Are they friendly, nosy, back stabbing or generally helpful?

Just this morning, a colleague of mine asked about some work which I have done. I was surprised when she mentioned that my words were confusing her. I don't really know how a simple word like "work done" can be confusing and what genius would it need to decipher such a simple straight forward word. I can only conclude that this person's command of the language is somewhat not up to the standard of even a basic school boy.

Oh! the idiocy I have to bear with daily just to make a living is really bearing down on my nerves. Countless stupid and irrelevant questions for me. Frankly I should not be judging myself but I would bet that I can do any of their jobs better than them. Most of these people are basically irresponsible and couldn't care less about their work or whether it would affect the company or not.

However, I must add that this problem mainly stems from our culture whereby only the so called "useful" workers are pampered with praises and gifts, while the rest are neglected and left to decay.

No comments: