Wednesday 8 June 2011

GETTING THE BEST OUT OF EMPLOYEES

This is a topic that have various views and thoughts from many gurus in management. I personally as an employee myself, will share my thoughts here. As you all know we live in a land and that follows the Asian mentality of management which generally means, "boss talk, you listen" and boss say, you do".

Then there are those that would sometimes, because it is their nature to be rebellious of they are just plain freshies who have not been "hit" before. I am not saying that all of these rebellious or rebuking remarks would definitely be met with disagreement with the bosses but generally they will.

I have personally done this before, when I was a freshie full of enthusiasm and ideas to contribute to the company. However, being in one of those majority cases that I mentioned above, I was shot down brutally, and everything went downhill from there. Nowadays, I am more inclined to agree with whatever the bosses say whether he be right or wrong.

I believe this is the type of hindrance that many Malaysian or Asians in general face when dealing with the "I'm the boss" mentality. This behavioural patterns simply cannot nurture people to perform their best. How are you suppose to let your creative and radical ideas out when you know they will be shot down or made a fool off.

No comments: