Thursday 16 June 2011

WORKING HOURS

Hands up, all of you who are afraid to leave the office on time for fear that the bosses will black list you as lazy or not committed to your work. I think I see most hands up, am I right?

Well that's Malaysian culture for you. Never once have any bosses ever thought that the worker goes on time because he is very efficient and finishes his work on time. It is always, "aiyo so lazy wan, not committed at all lah this fellow". Don't these jokers realise that in a lot of the cases, the worker simply stays back and does their own personal things because they are done with their work for the day. Their there to be seen so that the boss perceives them as hardworking.

I belong to the small group that leaves the office on time simply because I manage my time well and does my assignments accordingly within the allocated time. However, I do feel for those that truthfully has to stay back because of being over loaded with work that are meant for 2-3 persons.

What to do want to earn a living have to do, otherwise no money to feed family.

1 comment:

Alice Phua said...

It's true some bosses tend to look at it this way that if the employee stays on longer then he/she is supposedly more hardworking. What to do? Life's like that. I have to thank my lucky stars that such things do not happen in my workplace, I think most probably becos we are all trained as scientists - the boss doesn't care how or when you do the work so as long as when the boss wants it done, it's already done!